I’m surprised this one lasted long enough to take a picture! We love avacados in our house, not only because they taste delicious, but because they are an excellent source of fibre, potassium and vitamins B6, C, K and folate. They are so versatile and can be easily added to salads, wraps and smoothies, made into a sauce or dip or eaten on their own.
When I have a few kicking around and we’re looking for a healthy snack, I’ll often make a quick batch of guacamole. I thought I’d share my latest recipe with you. This one is super fresh, easy and most importantly, kid approved!
How do you make your guacamole?
- You’ll need;
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 large mango
- 1 lime
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tomatoes (I used yellow tomatoes in this batch)
- 1-2 teaspoons dried chili flakes
- Peel and scoop avocados into medium sized bowl, mash with fork or potato masher. Peel and chop the mango, I like to chop a bit finer so that my guac is a little smoother, add to bowl. If adding tomatoes, chop and add to bowl. Juice the lime and then add the peeled and minced garlic and chili flakes. Mix all together. That’s it!
- Don’t be hung up on the order that you add the ingredients to the bowl, just make sure if you decide to take a break (or a little one distracts you) add the lime juice to prevent the avocados from going brown.
- *optional, if you like a kick you can also add fresh jalapeno