Here is a delicious summer treat that you can happily feed your whole family. I have made it organic, gluten free and with ghee (clarified butter, making it less allergenic). You could certainly modify the recipe by using coconut oil as a replacement for ghee if you would like to also make it dairy free.
I used local Ontario peaches. I’m not sure if you have noticed that the local fruit has been so flavourful this year. I heard on the radio that we can thank the lack of rain for the flavourful produce. They are more concentrated in flavour and I must admit I am enjoying them immensely.
I have had a lot of patients lately asking what they can feed their children for a treat when they are eating a more whole food clean diet. Fruit desserts like this one are the perfect solution. Let me know what you think once you have tried it, it was a huge hit in our home!
- 6 fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon organic almond extract
- 1 cup Bob’s red mill organic gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup organic oats
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ghee
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and grease an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Place the peaches in the bottom of the baking dish, and sprinkle them with almond extract.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Melt the butter or ghee and add into the flour mixture. Will be a liquid with the ghee and maple syrup.
- Pour the flour mixture in an even layer over the top of the peaches, and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, until the peaches are bubbling and the topping is browned.
* Top it off with your favourite dairy free ice cream! (Coconut, rice, almond, soy)
Get creative in the kitchen with local fruits and veggies, whole foods can taste incredible!
In great health & happiness,